Rebecca Urland Monzi
Rebecca Monzi concentrates her practice in real estate development, working with developers, investors and financial institutions. She supports clients in all aspects of the acquisition, development, sale and financing of commercial, industrial and mixed-use property, multi-family housing, affordable housing projects, retail centers, construction lending, mezzanine financing, bridge financing, syndicated loans, securitized financing, and like-kind exchanges. Rebecca has substantial experience with federally insured and guaranteed financing transactions, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Low Income Housing Tax Credits and Section 8 contracts.
She also has broad complex commercial litigation experience at the trial and appellate level in state and federal courts and before governmental agencies and assists clients with trademark searches, registration and oppositions.
Clients can expect Rebecca to quickly and precisely pinpoint critical legal issues, then develop and execute the right strategy to deliver results. Rather than having to get up to speed, she gets right to the heart of the matter. She brings not only a keen legal eye but a practical business perspective to her work.
Rebecca is passionate about supporting her community and utilizing her legal experience to help others. She is active with Junior League of Washington and serves on the HUD Board of Directors for Cornerstone Montgomery, the largest and most comprehensive provider of behavioral health services in Montgomery County, Maryland.
Rebecca’s representative matters in the metro DC area include:
- Represented Lender in $22 million loan for the acquisition of three office buildings in Virginia
- Represented Lender in $25 million pre-development loan for multi-family property in Washington, D.C.
- Represented Borrower in $6.3 million multi-family loan from Fannie Mae for property located in Maryland
- Represented Borrower in $56.5 million multi-family loan from Freddie Mac for property located in Maryland
- Represented Seller in sale of retail shopping center in Virginia for $25 million
- Represented owner in refinance of corporate office center located in McLean, Virginia for over $100 million
- Represented owners in refinance of multifamily housing project in Fairfax, Virginia for $46 million from Fannie Mae
- Represented Seller in portfolio sale of 8 multi-family properties in Georgia, Virginia and Maryland for $355 million
Other experience and transactions also include:
- Represented Borrower in $30.7 million multi-family loan backed by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for property located in North Carolina
- Represented Purchaser in the acquisition of a multi-family property in Florida for $108 million and negotiated financing from Freddie Mac for $56 million
- Represented Borrower in $44 million multi-family loan from Fannie Mae for property located in Florida
- Represented the seller in the negotiation and sale of a 287-unit student housing complex in Baton Rouge, LA
- Resolved multi-party litigation on behalf of entities controlled by a privately held multi-million square foot commercial real estate company with holdings throughout the United States
- Successfully represented one of the world’s largest alligator farming operations in claims for damages caused by an oil spill
- Successfully represented an athletic company in resolution of a trademark opposition filing with the TTAB by an international shoe company